Thursday, June 16, 2011

PE4 GoAnimate


I decided to try GoAnimate for a web tool for use in the classroom.  My target audience are 9th graders in Army JROTC.  I have over 70% at risk students in my classroom along with about 30% who are ESL students.  I was looking for something that would be easy for the students to use and fun at the same time.  There is a basic version that is free, but you are limited to the amount of text to speech and animation clips per month.  The Pro version is not that bad and very affordable.  The Pro version allows you unlimited clips per month and more text to speech credits.     

                          
The website is very user friendly and has an easy to follow tutorial to follow on how to produce animation.  One of the nice things I like about this site is that it already has pre loaded backdrops and characters to use.  It also come with lots of preload actions that the characters can do.  You can either type in text that is converted to speech or you can import an audio file.  You can put as many characters in a scene as you want with each having their own voice and action. You can compare this to iMovie.  You create each scene with characters, voice, and actions and then run the whole production to create a video of your animation
                            O
This website is also like Facebook, you can find friends and view other animations and leave comments. You can also upload your animation to Facebook or YouTube. You have to have the Pro version in order to get free uploads to YouTube.  In my next blog, I will I upload a completed video of an animation to show you what an animation look like.


No comments:

Post a Comment