Saturday, June 4, 2011

BP 2 Blogger


 I am new to blogging and never looked into it  I want to use new tools in the classroom that would involved technology.  Blogging does involved technology because the student has to use the computer in order to complete the assignment.  Blogging would allow the student to make comments without the fear of any comments by his or her fellow students.  This will allow the students to open up and express their feeling about subjects and events.  Even with myself, I find that I can express my feelings and thoughts better by writing, even though I am not expert in writing.  Writing your thoughts out I believe does improve your writing and oral skills.  This would be a great tool to use as a journal and for assignments.  

I could post a topic on the board during the class period and give the students 24 hours to respond to the topic.  Students are always wanting to express their opinion on things that interest them. I would come up with topics that  I know the students have a passion about and topics that pertain to a particular unit that we are on.  This is a great way to do home work also, saves money for the student, because they don't have to use paper or pencils.  Writing is a skill that is tested just about in every school, so this would be a great way for the students to practice their writing skills. This would be a great way to also help teach critical thinking skills.  I believe using "blogger" would be a great tool to use also because we are learning how to use it, and I can use igoogle to follow all the students. 






No comments:

Post a Comment